It’s that time again! Today, though, I’m going to share one of my all time favorite combinations. Now, there are lots of companies that have some weird blend of their own. But when it comes to this combo, I love it just simple. I’m talking about a rooibos vanilla tea. YUM!
Now, rooibos is considered a red tea that is from South Africa. It has bold flavor but still ever so smooth. By itself, it’s naturally caffeine free. Just watch what you mix with it if you’re trying to avoid caffeine. I fell in love with it so much in Europe, and for some reason I’d have periods where I couldn’t find it at all that my sister would ship it to me from the US. Now, I learned the secrets of finding over there and that made it even better! I couldn’t get enough! It’s probably one of my absolute favorite teas – EVER!
If I’m going to mix it myself, I will usually do:
– 2 tsp rooibos tea
– 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla tea.
That’s just me. It’s a fun combination to play around with and find your happy blend. There are so many ways to drink roobios tea, too!
Here are a couple other rooibos variations:
- 3 tablespoons loose red bush tea leaves ( “rooibos”)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers
- orange slices or lemon slice
- sugar or honey, to taste
- Boil enough water to fill up your teapot.
- Place the red bush tea and lavender blossoms in the tea infuser; set in teapot.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot, cover with a tea cozy and steep 5 minutes.
- Serve with orange slices (or lemon slices) and sugar on the side.
- Note that both the amount of tea used and amount of flowers used are estimated.
– Also delicious as iced tea!
Or…maybe you prefer something from Martha Stewart’s suggestions:
- 2 tablespoons red tea (preferably organic and fair trade)
- 1 tablespoon roasted cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh vanilla-bean pod
- Pinch saffron threads
Pour 1 cup gently simmering water over 1 tbsp vanilla rooibos mix. Steep 4 to 6 minutes, then strain.
Some other delicious adds you could try might be cinnamon, fruits like apples or peaches, or even mixing with some spiced chai! Have fun with it! I think I’m going to rummage my kitchen and find something to mix with my rooibos since I’m out of vanilla tea and vanilla beans! Agh! I do have plenty of lavender, though to try that other recipe I found! Join me!