Well it’s that time of the week again! Time for more tea!!!
It’s time to dive into the new year, all the holidays are over, and we’re even out of Mercury Retrograde! Yay! So let’s celebrate with a tea that’s good for a pick-me-up! I have been sticking to warm teas for now since it is still winter time for us Northern Hemisphere folks. So, here’s another hot tea loaded in flavor. I won’t lie, I have this recipe printed off front the internet on one of those printable recipe cards, so sadly I haven’t been able to find the original source. So if someone knows, please let me know! I want to give credit where it’s due!
- 32 oz Water
- ½ orange- reserve 1 thin slice and ¼ of the peel
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Allspice seeds
- 2 Star Anise
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 3 sprigs fresh Mint leaves
- Agave or desired sweetener (optional)
- Brings 32 oz of water to a rolling boil
- Use the peel of ¼ of an orange – remove the white inner flesh from the skin
- Cut the peel into 4 strips and set aside
- Set aside cinnamon stick, allspice seeds, ginger, star anise and mint leaves
- When water comes to a rolling boil, add the reserved ingredients along with the orange peel
- Steep for 20 mins or longer
- Pour into an 8 oz cup and sweeten with agave or your favorite sweetener (optional)
- Garnish with a thin slice of orange and a mint leaf
Don’t know about you, but I’m wishing I had all the ingredients and could make this right now! Going to have to make sure this is on the next order of herbs! Hehe.
Aside from tasting fabulous, these herbs are loaded with awesome benefits. Here’s some examples:
Cinnamon – Lower cholesterol, blood sugar regulation, yeast infection help, cancer prevention, anti-clotting, arthritis relief, anti-bacterial, brain health, E. Coli fighter, and high in nutrients.
Ginger – Fights against cancer, protects against Alzheimer’s Disease, helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, relieves gas, relieves heartburn, helps with morning sickness, improves circulation, and quite a few more benefits!
Mint – helps with digestion, help relieve nausea, reduces headaches and migraines, and can help with allergies.
And that’s just some of it! So, raise your mugs to moving onward into the new year and giving your day a little boost of yum and health!