Hello hello! It’s Tuesday again! And this time I dug through the trenches of the internet to find something different to offer up as a spring/autumn beverage. I have some friends in the Southern Hemisphere and I’ve been enjoying seeing all their photos of things in bloom. And somehow along the way I tripped and fell over this recipe which just sounds absolutely divine!
It’s called Black Forest Magic. Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 tablespoon black tea leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 4 cups water
• 1/4 to 1/2 cup black cherry juice
• Maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
And here’s what you’ll do to make this lovely concoction:
1. Combine tea leaves, cocoa and cinnamon in a French press or muslin tea bag.
2. Boil water and pour over tea leaves and spices. Steep 3 minutes and strain.
3. Cool completely, then add cherry juice. Serve over ice with maraschino cherries.
Fairly simple really! And it just sounds splendid! I can’t wait to get the ingredients I’m missing and try this out myself! Tell us what you think in the comments below!
And remember, if you’re looking for monthly tea goodies check out our subscription boxes.