Hello hello again!!
It’s our beloved Tuesday coming to visit again. Many of us have been glued to TVs watching the weather as the US fights floods, storms, and fires. Hopefully everyone is safe!
After our #19 recipe, I had to dig more into the amazing Eastern European / Russian tea recipes I’ve had or have always wanted to try. And I stumbled upon this gem. I, personally, haven’t had it yet, but I hear lovely amazing stories about it’s lush flavors and inspiring aromas. So now that I have the recipe, I want to share with you all and get your thoughts and feedback when you try it out!
- 8 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons clove (whole)
- 3 tablespoons orange zest (or tangerine)
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Place the tea leaves, cloves, zest and cinnamon sticks into a cheesecloth bag and tie the top tightly.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, add the bag, remove from the heat, and allow to steep, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the honey & lemon juice and serve. This tea may be made in advance and kept for two to three days if it is covered and refrigerated.
Let’s get to brewing and enjoy!
And if you’re looking for monthly teas to try, check out the subscription boxes we have!