It’s Tuesday again which means it’s time for more tea love! Today’s inspiration comes from being a little homesick for Eastern Europe. My heritage is rooted there and I lived there for five years. Hot tea is super common across all Slavic countries. And I truly expanded my love of tea while I lived there. So in my hunts, I found a recipe which is similar to something I used to drink in Serbia, and also had in Ukraine, too.
Now, the recipe I have found makes around a half gallon. This is kind of common since everyone would drink it. You could easily serve a half gallon through an evening and it wouldn’t be a big deal. But, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do! Tell me what you think in the comments!
- 4 Cups Hot Water
- 6-8 tsp. Loose-Leaf Red Rooibos Tea or 3-4 tea bags (naturally caffeine-free!)-
- 1 Lemon Tea Bag (such as Celestial Seasonings) or a dash of Lemon Juice (up to a couple Tbl), if desired
- 2 Cups Unfiltered, Organic Apple Cider
- 1 1/2 Cups Orange Juice (Run a few oranges through a blender, or use prepared juice)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
- Garnish with a couple cinnamon sticks and fresh orange slices, if desired.
Steep teas in the hot water to make a very strong tea (approximately 4-5 minutes); use a mesh tea strainer or bag if using loose leaf tea. Remove tea bags/strainer. Stir in juices and spices. Taste, and adjust flavors as necessary. Heat before serving.
Note: Depending on the sweetness of your fruits/juices, you may want to increase the apple juice up to 4 cups and the orange juice up to 2 cups.
And remember, if you have a love of tea or want to explore the world of tea, check out our subscription boxes over at CrateJoy!