Yay for Tuesday! How did everyone enjoy the Eclipse yesterday? Here in Memphis it was about 93% totality but we had off and on rain. I got to see part of it while at work and it was just amazing! But now we must continue on with normal life. And with normal life comes more room for tea!
I found my inspiration for today thanks to my own summer cold and chest congestion I’m currently fighting. In so doing, I found this recipe for an iced tea I think I will be trying in the very near future! Personally, I’ll still probably try it hot, and then try it cold afterwards.
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus
- 1″ of fresh ginger sliced
- 1″ of fresh turmeric, grated (don’t substitute powdered for fresh – if you don’t have it, leave it out!)
- 2 Tbsp dried citrus peel
- 1-2 Tbsp green rooibos (or you can use green tea for a mildly caffeinated version)
- 1/2 cup honey (more or less to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Using a half gallon canning jar or heat safe pitcher add your hibiscus, ginger, turmeric, citrus peel, and rooibos.
- Pour about 2 quarts of water from a hot kettle (hot not boiling) over your herbs in the jar/pitcher, and let steep about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain with a fine strainer.
- Add your honey and freshly squeezed lime juice while still warm, and stir.
- Chill and serve over ice!
I personally have never tried a green rooibos but I do have green tea galore at home. This is definitely on my to-do list in the next day or so!
How would you enjoy this tea? Hot? Cold? Do you have a special cup/mug you love to enjoy your tea in? Share photos with us! What was your opinion on this tea?
And remember, if you want a constant supply of great herbal teas, check out our subscription boxes!