I don’t know about you guys but it’s slowly starting to feel like Autumn here and there. And if you’re in the south like us, Autumn is a present from the heavens after our disgustingly hot and humid Summer. We’ve had lovely rainy days over the last week or so and it’s brought deliciously cooler weather. So I wanted to find a delicious recipe to have on hand for all these up and coming rainy days. Now, this recipe I’ve gladly stumbled upon is a 21+ recipe. Sorry kiddos! So run to the kitchen and see what you can make happen! If you follow it, let us know what you thought! If you put your own spin on it, let us know what you did! Maybe we’ll throw up and Version 2.0 for others to enjoy!
Now, the original author states it’s best to use mild honey or turbinado sugar. This recipe serves one, also.
- 3/4 cup hot boiling water
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons honey or sugar ( to taste)
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 shot bourbon
- dashes fresh ground nutmeg ( optional)
- Mix the first 3 ingredients and brew about 5 minutes.
- Remove ginger pieces by pouring through a strainer.
- Add bourbon, lemon juice of one lemon or about to taste, and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg if you so desire.
- Put in your favorite mug and enjoy!
And ta-da! Tea and a splash of liquor! You can’t go wrong! And don’t forget if you’re as obsessed with teas as we are, check out the subscription boxes!