So I’m uber late on this and I’m sorry. I thought I had it finished up and scheduled out. I was wrong. But.. I will always deliver! Here’s the recipe I want to share with you for Tea Tuesday… or I guess Thursday in this case. 🙂
I found a tasty little recipe that seems to scream a wonderful afternoon with the sun shining and blue skies. No matter the temperatures it’s a beautiful day with this treat.
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons hibiscus fresh flowers
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring water to boil; turn off heat and add the hibiscus flowers and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for about 20 minutes.
- Strain tea into a pitcher, add sugar to taste.
- Add orange slices and serve over ice.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice and serve.
So I do believe the next time I order some goodies, I’ll be stocking up on some hibiscus flowers and diving into this delicious treat. I love orange. I love hibiscus. And a glass of a good iced tea is always awesome… perfect for all this early spring water we are having lately. It’ll help welcome the warm weather!