I decided to find a tasty recipe to share that involved our signature fruit – the pomegranate! I snagged this recipe from EatingWell. Pomegranates are not only the fruit of Persephone but also hold a multitude of health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Fights Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer Prevention
- Slows Prostate Cancer
- Keeps PSA Levels Stable
- Protects the Neonatal Brain
- Prevention of Osteoarthritis
- Protects the Arteries
- Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Dental Protection
So hopefully you’ll enjoy! Let me know what you guys think!
- ¼ cup loose hibiscus tea, or 12 herbal tea bags that contain hibiscus
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or nectar
- 4 cups cold water
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Steep loose tea (or tea bags) in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea (or remove tea bags) and pour into a large pitcher. Stir in pomegranate juice (or nectar) and cold water. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Serve over ice with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
And don’t forget! If you love tea or working and learning about herbs, subscribe to our herbal education box at http://persephones-herbal.cratejoy.com!